Our soft props can be used as the centrepiece for a project, or can complement an already existing set-piece, showcase or retail display. Soft props are tactile and can be a great sensual experience when they are in close contact with the general public, they are lightweight and easy to store and can add a sense of realism.
For our soft prop construction, we use foam, polyurethane, self-skinning foam, high density foam, fabric and fur. Our soft prop materials are often used as a cover for a metal or wooden framework. A soft prop can be made from a rigid centre with fabric and foam covering it, they can be cast in a polyurethane 2-part foam from a mould, foam can be sculpted and heat shaped to form flowers, for example, or shaped and have a fabric pattern sewn over the top.
Our soft props are used for display, promotional purposes, theatrical and stage props, product promotion, retail displays, film promotions.
Examples of our work
- We sculpted a squirrel in polystyrene which was then covered with fibreglass for added strength. We completed this with a design pattern to give the squirrel fur and a set of dungarees, which were used to display a box of branded chocolate for a point of sale promotion.
- A soft prop cake for a Harrods window display.
- A Trilby hat which was a giant scale model of a real version for a display in a nightclub.
- Prop flowers, made from silk and paper for use in window displays.
- Fluffy dice used for a display in the newly opened Westfield shopping centre.
- Tartan fabric covered boxes for a Ralph Lauren seasonal display.
- A giant foam baguette for the Armstrong and Miller live UK tour.